Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I is for Intro. Or...I'm an A-er. Are you, too?

No betrayal here. No famous last words (not yet anyway). Just one Type A-er to another (or other), blogging out a spiritual journey down the alphabet.

With that being said...

"Type A personality" (or Type B, but for subject sake, Type A only). We've all heard that term. It's used to describe people who are  ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status conscious, sensitive, truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management. Sound familiar? Well, it did to me. I didn't need a test or a diagnosis. I knew right away this is who I was. And for almost 41 years it served me well. Sort of. But recently I realized I no longer wanted to be defined by any type, and I did what any Type A person wouldn't do. I sought help. I started acupuncture. I began meditating (Zen Meditation) and I hired a Life Coach. And all at once. And it's starting to change me. 

So, what this blog is going to explore is my own personal journey down the alphabet. In no particular order. This isn't my version of "Eat Pray Love." Nope. I'm not jumping my life's ship to head to 3 amazing countries with 3 amazing adventures. (I mean, really? Like that sucked?) I'm not getting paid to write this (for now :) ) or took an advance to fill the pages of this blog. Julia Roberts probably won't play me at any time either. This is just me, my thoughts and experiences and words that hopefully inspire you to find your letter in life. Or at least laugh at mine.


1 comment:

  1. Oscar winner she may be, but Julia Roberts wouldn't do justice to your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete